Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Nana.


Devin Rhodes

Mr. Galloway

Eng. 050 – Sec.101

September 21, 2014

My Nana

            Out of all the members of my family, my grandmother, Levita is the person that has a lot of meaning to me. She is my father’s mother and is the one that I chaise all the time that I spend with her. She is a very interesting woman with a story to tell me every time I seen her. Levita’s appearance, along with her attitude and lovingness makes me glad that I can have someone to always be here for me and always know what to say to brighten my day when it was gloomy.

            Levita is a small lady; she is only 4’4 at most. When I hug my grandma I have to hunch over completely. She has brown and grey wavy hair that seem to float at her feet, never touching the ground. Sitting on the bridge of her nose is her old black glasses that are perfectly round and supporting two thick pieces of glass that show her golden brown hazel eyes. She is starting to hit the wrinkling stage around her eyes and face. She always wears a tie-dyed & a band shirt that she got from a concert like Pink Floyd and The Eagles. A loose-fitting pair clothing was always her thing so that she doesn’t get to hot or cold whenever she was having hot flashes. Her sandals that she tends to wear most of the time would always squeak and make noise every step she took. Making it easy to hear when she was coming from any direction throughout the lake house.
            Her attitude is the same today as it was when she was a teenager at Woodstock. She is very free spirted and passionate in everything she does, and at the same time very independent in what she does. She is always in a good mood trying to brighten everyone else. She always got a joke to tell and always giving sweets to us even after my brother and I would ask after my mother already said no to us. Her ear was always open to me when I had problems or concerns, and always gave great advice to help me out and get me back on my feet. She was always on adventure going to place to place traveling to see new places and sights. One year she went to San Francisco and brought back something for everyone in the family just to show her love for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment